Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Wedding Epidemic

Because we are at that age,

And because i obivously wish all the brave souls who have decided to make that leap..take that plunge nothing but the best.
I try to reassess my stance on marriage and since i'm not a mind reader, i can barely even begin to fathom when - if ever and to whom mine will be.

Going from not wanting to be married to wanting to be married took a while but i'm there.
I dunno what i'm trying to say... according to me...how will i know when i'm ready to get married? I think for me these are my tell tale signs

1. Is this who God has ordained for me to marry?

2.Do i respect him and does he respect me?

3. Do i see myself waking up to the same person for the rest of my life?

4. Are we emotionally and spiritually on the same page about our future together and relationship?

5.Do the family and friends like..or at least accept and approve?




Also i took the liberty of searching for 10 questions that engaged couples should ask according to www.about.com ..cuz while i'm not engaged or even close to being...doesn't hurt..plus it's my blog i can do what i want.

1.Why are we getting married?

2.What do we as a couple want out of life?

3.What do you think we'll be doing in thirty or forty years?

4.How often do you drink?

5.Do you think it is important to be faithful to one another?

6.Have you ever hit someone?

7.Do you have a criminal record?

8.Are you willing to replace the toilet tissue roll?

9. errrr...is it just me or are these questions similar to what i would ask the person who bags my groceries?..what the hell!! no wonder there's a 50% divorce rate..nonsense

No comments: