Tuesday, August 31, 2010

When the oceans rise and thunders roar......

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust----"Still"..by Hillsong (beautiful song)


....so, I just spent 3 full days with my family and my nephew and I didn't want to come back..not to work..not to reality. I'm probably being overly dramatic too...but
I kinda feel like there's no greater purpose in life than being able to make someone smile completely and wholeheartedly. And when it's an innocent little 2 year old...it just fills my heart completely.
So yea i didn't want to come back to meaningless pursuits that may or may not amount to anything in the end.
....I also realize that life goes on...without you (me in this case)..eventually. On either end...what you left and what you came back to...all keeps going, almost like you never existed. So why are you here?

Anyway...I'm sure these are pretty standard feelings coming back after vacay no?

So might as well stop moping and get on with the routine. Where's my hamster wheel?

......

2 comments:

neuyogi said...

you owe me a phone call young lady :)

julia said...

I always have feelings like that coming back from vacation too. It can be so depressing.