*Dr. Nick* Hiii Everybody! */Dr. Nick*
Hope everyone had a fabulous christmas holiday. Mine was memorable to say the least.
Gosh so like last year, I was determined...DETERMINED to not make any stupid new year's resolutions because well... they never really work out too well for me. But this year...i figure..what the heck.
No matter what i call it sha...it's still a resolution..resolving to do something better..but really I just want to start acting like a grown ass woman all the way around because ..ahem...we gon' be turning 2-8 in the 0-1-1 and so...we should try acting like a grown as woman in her late 20's (excuse me while i hyperventilate!)
Ok..now that that's done...let's recap 2010 shall we...
Professionally/Academically: I joined a lab and I got started on my thesis project. I also took and passed all my required courses as a graduate student and passed my graduate board oral exam! Not too shabby if i do say so meself!
Personally: I lost like 11lbs (and gained it back but that's besides the point!), I got tree braids and a weave oooh ohhh and my hair grew and I was able to retain some length. Um...I fell in and out of love with running. I was on a pretty cool Me'n'God relationship kick...and I learned some stuff about myself...then i slacked off.
Socially: I made new friends maybe lost some old ones......i have a terrible habit of not keeping in touch..so not cool!
Blogwise:...could be better...it's not even that i dont want to blog...it's just that I honestly usually dont have anything to blog about. But I want to take this blogging thing semi seriously...people on here seriously motivate me..i just need inspiration and less slackeritis...
So...my grown ass woman goals for the 0-1-1 (GAWG)
- Do well in my classes
- Finish up my electives
- Plan out experiments beforehand
- Keep a daily to-do list
- Write in my lab notebook faithfully
- Be more active in one organization
- Take my multivitamin daily (ok nightly cuz that thing makes me nauseous)
- Make healthier food choices 80% of the time
- Maintain my workout routine
- Register/Train for a 5k
- Do all my grown woman health stuff (dentist, eye doctor, lady doctor)
- Stop treating my hair like it's the ugly step sister
- Get into the whole makeup thing (at least to the level that GAW should be)
- Get back into my Me'n'God kick...seriously only good things came out of that
- Actually start being more mindful of what i do with my pennies
- Save up for what i want instead of charging charging charging!!
- Be more social i guess
- Be a better friend
- I want to travel beyond just visiting my nephew..My labmates and I plan to eat our way through ATL and my boyfriend (did i just say that? ick..well i guess that's wat a GAW does! :p)...want to try visiting all 50 states..so we gotta start somewhere. I guess technically we've been to Florida,New York, California, Texas, Georgia and the DMV. I'm thinking Vegas (even though i've been)
- Actually comment on blogs that I read instead of just passing through..and not just lazy comments..insightful ones like "LOL" and "OMG NO SHE DIDNT" and "WORD"
How do i plan on accomplishing all this you ask? Hell if I know!! LOL..y'all got any ideas? What has worked for you?
I was thinking of taking on one of these tasks per month so i dont feel overwhelmed...like starting January 1st..i'll start taking a multivitamin a day and see how it goes from there.
I hope you all have wonderful new year with lots of amazing things and good health.