Wednesday, November 15, 2006

HWNSNBM (part 1)




My dear friend was kind enough to mention an oversight that is not so minor...He Whose Name Shall Not Be Mentioned. God knows why i forgot this person who quite possibly shaped the relationships I've had after him (not that we had a relationship like that).
Anyway sha...HWNSNBM, even with my amnesia i remember most details about how we met..strange.
It was summer, my first or second summer in college i forget...sha the summer of BRAZOS and I was taking Business Algebra and History (with Ledbetter, he had a broken foot or leg but i digress).
I know I met him thru my sister's friend cuz she(the friend) was dating his brother. Anyways, it wasn't crush at first sight..he didn't immediately catch my attention. I remember we would walk from class to the UC (university center) and he would always say something so typically naija and innanely ridiculous that I would be mad at him.

Then he started coming over with my sister...we would joke around and talk and all that. I remember loaning him money to go buy a blue book for the history exam...I made a stupid B in that class by the way!! CURSES TO THAT FOOL LEDBETTER!

Then he would bring his playstation and play with my little sister. I remember one day, he spent the night, but he slept on my roommate Linda's bed.......................................with my sister (b4 u assume anything...it was very innocent!) He was just that guy, every girl's friend, very touchy feely.

I wish i could remember my "aha moment" when i realized that I really liked this dude, but I don't. The problem (among many) was that we really were friends, even if i tried to I couldn't make up things about him in my head because I knew him. We had a lot of things in common, music, movies..he felt completely comfortable around my siblings and I around his. I just felt there would be a natural progression towards you know what but 6 years later, nothing.

I remember ...sigh..i remember so much, I remember how he loved to argue and ARGUE, MY GOD!!! It was like pulling teeth, and people know that I don't back down from an argument really but I would concede to him just so that I could go by into my little blissful world or ignorance.

Then one day, this new girl started at our school and while I personally didn't find her attractive, all the guys did(I think) including..yep, U guessed it. Let's just say that their relationship made me do something I'm not proud of and also made me realize that if he really did like me in that way, he would have done something. In the process, I had met someone else (long distance..another story!) who I knew for sure completely and utterly adored me for whatever reason. I went into that relationship knowing that if anything were to ever develop between me and HWNSNBM, I wouldn't think twice about leaving LDR#1(long distance relationship #1).

I feel bad because even while I was in said relationship with LDR#1, we still used to go out, and hang out (as friends of course). I remember a couple of times we would go to the movies and then he would drop me off and end up spending the night. Nothing really ever happened but I still feel that it constitutes cheating because LDR#1 would be blowing up my phone and I would completely ignore it.

Then came the Amazonian Princess, my dear dear friend. They dated and then things fell apart. I don't remember if they were still dating when he graduated but I remember his graduation. Everyone was there and saying congratulations but for some reason I just wasn't even in the mood to speak to him. I remember standing by Texas Hall (graduation auditorium) and him all of a sudden coming up behind me and asking "why didn't you come up and say hi?"

Me: "I dunno, you were taking pictures with your family, i didn't want to disturb you"

Him: "You know that regardless of what I'm doing, I'll always have time for you right?"

Me: speechless.


That was exhibit A. I know he wasn't responsible for the way I felt about him but he didn't do anything to help matters either and i can prove it!

Exhibit C,D,E and F were the times I spent at his place or he at mine (all pretty innocent too).

Exhibit F: I remember this so well. We were supposed to go see a movie, i forget which one so my sister dropped me off and left with the car. He was ...oh wait let's rewind

Exhibit B

After his graduation, he came to say bye cause he was leaving for a bit and we were talking then then all of a sudden out of nowhere

Him: "Do you think you would ever go back home to live?"

Me: "yeah of course, i plan to..someday"

Him: "What if you met someone and they wanted you to go back with them?"

Me: "it depends on how serious it is and what I have going on over here."

Him: "I'll keep that in mind"


Back to Exhibit F:

He was screwing around with his computer and I was sitting with his brother who gives one of the best hugs by the way and then it got so late that we couldn't make the movie anymore. So we decided to watch one at home Good Will Hunting which i had never seen. His brother called it a night and i think they hugged which i thot was cute so i was like

"Aww, that's so cute! I wish I had a brother"

Him: " I would say that I don't mind being your brother but I kind of want more out of this relationship than that"

Me: speechless

So yeah I frigging spent the night that day..nothing happened. I may or may not have realized just how sensitive my ears are but that's about it.


.....to be continued

No comments: