Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Me @ 23




So my friend tells me that I tend to keep stuff inside me and that one day I'll just explode! I don't know that I purposely bottle stuff up, but i find that old memories, good and bad bubble up to the surface at the most inopportuned moments.


In an effort to stop keeping stuff inside, I'ma say someting now.


Next to God and family, friends are probably the most important things in my life. Once people cross into that inner sanctum where I feel comfortable calling them friends, I want them there for life. I would do anything in my power to help them whenever they are in need.


I'm guilty of witholding information, no one person knows completely everything about me. I don't know why, I think maybe because I tell them only what I think they can handle...or what I think will not change their perception of me. Maybe because I dont want to lose them.




To my friends:


I never want to lose you


I want to be at your wedding


I want to be a godmother


I want our kids to be friends


I want to be a shoulder for you to cry on


A source of strength in times of weakness


I want to never do anything to break us apart


I may not be in your five, we may not be best friends


I may be difficult


I may be stubborn


I may lose your respect from time to time


But for all that we've been through


For all that the future has to offer


I want you to be there to share


joys and pain, fears and tears


I never want to lose you



This might mean nothing to someone, or something to noone..but i just felt like saying it out. Before life begins again and it's too late or before I get back into one of my stubborn-I-dont-need-anyone phases. I love my friends...


Me @ 23 is not ready to lose any of them over trivial issues.

No comments: