Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008 ~ This Year

I CHOOSE LOVE...
No Occasion justifies hatred;
No injustice warrants bitterness,I choose love.
This year, I will love God and what God loves.

I CHOOSE JOY...
I will invite God to be the God of circumstance.
I will refuse the temptation to be cyncal..
the tool of the lazy thinker. I will refuse to see people as anything less than
human beings, created by God. I will refuse to see any problem as anything less
than an opportunity to see God.

I CHOOSE PEACE...
I will live forgiven. I will forgive so that I may live.

I CHOOSE PATIENCE...
I will overlooke the inconveniences of the world.
Instead of cursing those who take my place, I'll invite them to do so. Rather
than complain that the wait is too long, I will thank God for a moment to pray.
Instead of clinching my fists at new assignments, I will face them with joy
and courage.

I CHOOSE SELF-CONTROL...
I am a spiritual being
After this body is dead, my spirit will soar.
I refuse to let what will rot, rule the eternal.
I choose self-control. I will be drunk only by joy.
I will be impassioned only by my faith.
I will be influenced only by God.
I will be taught only by Christ.

No comments: